Dec 23, 2010

#57 Smile

Pumpkins, smile softens many hearts, contagious, and opens up opportunities. When you are in a new environment, surrounded by strangers, a sincere smile with kind eyes will turn strangers into friends. They say the shortest distance between two people is a smile. This is true even when you are in America, Indonesia, Ireland, France, Kenya, Brazil, and even Antarctica. You've been to some of these countries when you were young with us. You may not remember but your own smile made other locals smiled back. Only a few people can resist a sincere smile.

When mommy and daddy took care of patients at the clinic, we looked them in the eyes, smiled with this thought in our mind: "I care about you." It always made a difference to that patient.

Yes there will be days when it would appear illogical to put on a smile. But on those days, smile is an act of faith. It sings loudly, "The Creator of this Universe, my God, my Friend, will always take good care of me. I'm gonna enjoy this gift of today and uplift others around me."

"Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day." ~ Quoted in P.S. I Love You, compiled by H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment